Because of the South African FICA laws and SARB requirements, SOLmate usage limits depend on your identity’s verification level.
Topups, withdrawals, all payments and transfers require SOLmate Basic package.
For verified SOLmate users (SOLmate Basic):
- App balance limit - R 25,000. Your balance can’t go higher.
- Transaction limits - R 10,000 / day and R 50,000 / month.
- Airtime/electricity/DSTV purchases - R 5,000 / day and R 25,000 / month.
- Cash topup via ATM, cash topup/withdrawal in retail - R 5,000 / day
To have higher limits, you need to upgrade your profile to SOLmate Plus. The upgrade is free, and instructions on how to do it are available in your SOLmate app - press Upgrade in app Settings.
For users on SOLmate Plus:
- Storage and transactions - R 50,000 and R 100,000 per month
- Airtime/electricity/DSTV purchases - R 10,000 / day and R 100,000 / month.
- Cash topup via ATM, cash topup/withdrawal in retail - R 5,000 / day and R 25,000 / month